ON THE STREET OF SOCIAL MEDIA 1,2

 

*ON THE STREET OF SOCIAL MEDIA.*

                                    

 
Last year, I wrote about "your child on the street of social media". That write-up was prompted by my experience on the Blue App, especially.
 
I was so ruffled that I decided not to write every day again. When I approached two of my upliners, they both chuckled and told me to face my front. That was not a particularly amusing experience for me. You know, I don't like what I hate.
 
But then it occurred to me the next time I was about to write, How do children and young adults cope on this street? On this street, you will meet men and women from all walks of life with a wide range of values, ideas, inclinations, and orientations.
 
Amazingly, parents leave their children to traverse this roadway alone, with no instruction or assistance.
 
The entire planet is now on the internet. We no longer have physical contact like we used to. Everything has been digitalized.
 
Virtual interaction influences us in the same way that physical interaction does. It was easier to discern what was going on back then because we had communal parenting, but your son is now a global player.
 
I find it amusing that parents do not accompany their children down this route. The only things you do with your phone are make calls, send text messages, or perform official duties.
 
My power doubled the day I saw Daddy Mike Bamiloye post about how he had to call Jaymikee to order all the way from Australia after seeing one of his posts on this street.

Stop parenting your children offline alone. Parent them online too. They exist in both worlds.
 
I'm just hoping I'm loud enough.
 

ON THE STREET OF SOCIAL MEDIA 2.

                                   



 
Someone tried to reach my daughter on Messenger a couple years ago, but she didn't respond, basically because she didn't know the person, so she declined the call. But the person would not accept no for an answer, and he continued to call.
 
She and her brother were unable to carry out their plans since the individual refused to stop. As a result, they went offline in order to return later.
 
When they returned online, the guy had sent her a photo of a male genital as a message. I was really taken aback when I was told.
 
As if it wasn't enough, as I dressed to go out one morning, my son asked whether her sister had informed me about their experience the day before online.
 
Another person had sent her a photo of three people having a threesome session. It had already been deleted by the time they told me. I had to review their presence on social media to understand what was going on.
 
Predators exist online just as they do in the real world. Don't be irresponsible with this thing called social media, parents. It's a learning curve for all kinds of learning.
 
Those teenage boys who were recently caught with their girlfriend's head said they learned what they do from a specific group on the blue app. It turned out to be true. I even sent a screenshot of the group to someone.
 
The devil is on the prowl, looking for someone to devour. In Jesus' name, he will not consume our children.

Don't just say "amen." Get to work.

*N:B* our campaign against drug abuse among secondary school students coming up next term?

 *#Partnerwithus*
*#Askmehow*

I am Pastor E O Gabriel
A very blessed evening.
*#Saveourteens.*
*#Parentingtips.*
*#Familyrelationshipactivator.*
+254732038865
egwugabrieloko@gmail.com.
*N:B*. *Always share*.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STRENGTHEN YOUR INWARD MAN - Part 1

NO MORE DELAY - Part 1

ENLARGEMENT WITHOUT STRUGGLES